You do not have to worry about getting extra pounds during the holidays anymore, so you can stop depriving yourself of the food you like. If you apply at least one of these three tips, within a few months, you’ll be able to maintain a healthy, slim figure with minimal effort.

Eat carbohydrates before noon

Many people wonder whether they should completely stop consuming carbohydrates if they want to lose weight. You’ll be pleased to hear that you don’t have to do that, because your body needs carbohydrates as a trigger fuel.

New Year's menu diet

Breakfast should be the largest meal of the day and as such the richest in carbohydrates, while as the day progresses, the rest of the meals should contain less carbohydrates. Once you consume them during breakfast, you’ll still have enough time to burn it doing some physical activity.

Vegan breakfast

When you remove dairy and meat products form a regular diet, you also reduce the amount of calories and fat. Therefore, the vegan diet works perfectly. If you consume balanced meals for both breakfast and lunch, including fruits, vegetables and grains, after six o’clock in the afternoon you can freely enjoy your favorite, a bit modified, recipes.

This plan provides you the ability to calculate calories when the holidays come. If you have dairy and meat free meals along with the physical activity, there is no reason not to treat yourself from time to time.

new years menu diet

The 80/20 rule

In order to go out and enjoy the perfect meals or cocktails with your friends during the holidays, stick to the 80/20 rule. It’s very simple: spend 80 percent of the time eating “clean” food such as whole-grain dough and cereals, raw fruits and vegetables,  salt and sugar free foods, while the remaining 20 percent you can spend consuming the food you really like.

is a health advocate, journalist and theologian. He is an outspoken internet activist who has contributed to many magazines and web sites. After years spent in digital marketing and online journalism he became one of the founders and editors at Combining knowledge and research with facts of modern science, Alexander continues to writes about alternative medicine and health benefits of nature. Unlike most writers he strongly believes that there's no magic pill that will lead you to long term health and beauty and that without effort, there can be no gain.