The appearance of high cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood comes as a result of bad life habits. Bad habits include poor diet which consists of frequent consumption of fatty foods and avoiding eating healthy, fresh and natural foods, reduced physical and mental activity and lack of care about own health.
As the result of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood, various health problems occur, some of which may end up fatal. So pay attention to your health on time, and take the fight against cholesterol and triglycerides seriously.
What is cholesterol?
Cholesterol and triglycerides can be the greatest enemies of our health, because when they are present in your life they can greatly impair the quality and length of it.
Cholesterol is a special type of lipids, which are fats that are present in your body. They form naturally in your body in some extent, regardless of the type of the food that you eat, and are necessary for normal functioning of the cells. However, when levels of cholesterol in the body rise higher than necessary, the problem arises. It happens when you have a poor diet, reduced physical and mental activity and when you don’t pay much attention to your health.
Triglycerides are the three types of fatty acids, which are connected to the three groups of glycerol hydroxide. In other words, triglycerides are the leading ingredient of fats that are of animal and vegetable origin.
Cholesterol is carried through your blood, attached to proteins. This combination of protein and cholesterol is called a lipoprotein. Maybe you have by now heard of three different types of cholesterol in relation to this type of cholesterol the lipoprotein carries.
Low-density lipoprotein – LDL, or “bad” cholesterol; LDL transports cholesterol throughout the body. LDL cholesterol can accumulate in the walls of our arteries, making them hard, brittle and narrow.
Very low density lipoprotein
Very low density lipoprotein – VLDL; This type of lipoprotein consists mostly of triglycerides, a type of fat that serves as our energy reserve, which, bound to protein like this, gets transported throughout the blood. VLDL cholesterol makes LDL cholesterol particles larger, causing our blood vessels to narrow.
High-density lipoprotein – HDL, or “good” cholesterol; HDL takes the excess cholesterol from the blood and returns it to the liver.
Increased cholesterol leads to blood vessels congestion which further leads to decreased blood flow throughout the body. Because of that, blood supply to organs is being reduced, causing a decay of viable cells in the organism.
It is further manifested mainly through damage of the blood vessel walls, called atherosclerosis, high blood pressure, or a heart disorder, which can cause heart attack.
It can also lead to the appearance of other forms of health problems, including problems with focus and memory, Alzheimer’s disease, and problems alike.
Miracle ginger root lowers blood cholesterol and speeds up the metabolism. If combined with honey, its effect gets even stronger. Ginger stimulates the use of cholesterol in our body, which leads to reducing its presence in the blood.
- Wash theginger root and grate it.
- Mix it in a jar with honey.
- Take one spoon of this mixture before each meal.
Cinnamon is also used as a natural remedy for high cholesterol, especially in a combination with honey.
- Mix together two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of cinnamon.
- Put it in 4 dl of tea (any tea).
- Drink this mixture three times a day.
Soon, the levels of cholesterol in the blood will reduce, thanks to the healing effects of cinnamon, which is enhanced with honey in this case. So, the bottom line is, if you want to quickly reduce cholesterol in the blood – use cinnamon!
Lemon and Garlic
The combination of Garlic and lemon is primarily used in the fight against high cholesterol and fat in the blood, and also for purifying the blood, which in turn results in improved health.
- Mix together thepulverizedgarlic(about 30cloves) with 4 finelychoppedlemons(with carefully washed peel).
- Put this mixture into 2 liters of water.
- Cook it until it starts boiling.
- Wait for it to cool.
- Then pour it into jars and keep it in the fridge.
- Each day before lunch drink 0.5 dl of the mixture.
- After 3 weeks of using this recipe, take a one week break.
- Repeat the same process again until your health gets improved.
With this so-called ”Tibetan recipe” you will successfully lower the levels of cholesterol and fat in your blood, which means that your blood will be purified and that the blood pressure will be lowered.
Cloves are used as a drug that lowers cholesterol levels in blood both naturally and rapidly.
- Put 5gramsof clovesina2 liter water bottle.
- Cover it and let it stand for2-3 daysin the fridge.
- Drink 1dlof thisbeverage each morning before breakfast.
- Repeat the whole processagain if necessary.
Apple cider vinegar
You will often hear that the vinegar is cure for everything. It is not far from the truth actually. Apple cider vinegar is, besides many other medicinal properties, used in folk medicine as a natural remedy for high cholesterol. ACV has a positive effect on circulation and blood vessels. It regulates the levels of cholesterol, fat and sugar in the blood – purifies the blood and lowers high blood pressure. It is recommended to use this homemade remedy because it contains malic acid, as well as other beneficial ingredients, which is very important. In order to lower your cholesterol levels, you need to consume a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water before each meal.
Sesame is a widely used spice in our kitchen. Did you know that sesame is used as a natural remedy for high cholesterol? Namely, the raw sesame seed contains a high concentration of phytosterols, which has a similar chemical structure to cholesterol. Phytosterols lowers blood cholesterol levels. Regular intake of sesame seeds can effectively reduce cholesterol levels in the blood.
Flaxseed is increasingly used in the diet, as its numerous medicinal properties are proven. Flaxseed is also used as a natural remedy for cholesterol. Flaxseeds can be used in the form of tea or oil; in combination with yogurt (or honey); as milled or whole seeds. By lowering the levels of cholesterol in blood, flaxseed prevents plaque formation on the walls of blood vessels, thus improving overall circulation and preventing heart diseases. Flaxseeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for good health.
- Avoid getting cholesterol from animal and dairy products. Instead, start using oatmeal, citrus, apples, peas or beans in your diet.
- Fish is particularly useful for maintaining healthy cholesterol levels. It contains omega-3 fatty acids, which reduce levels of cholesterol and Fish that are richest in omega 3 fatty acids are salmon, herring and mackerel.
- It is recommended to have more soy products in the diet, because it helps in lowering low-cholesterol, and triglyceride levels.
- Reduce alcohol, tobacco and sugar
- Obesity and lack of exercise can lead to increased cholesterol levels. Physical activity is recommended for weight loss, and thus for fight against high cholesterol.