Greasy hair and greasy skin can be extremely annoying problem quite often. It can make you feel uncomfortable, and it also can produce pretty unpleasant odor. If you struggle with such problems, you may also be affected by the acne occurrence on the hairline area, which will certainly have a negative effect on your self-confidence and your looks.
It is time to put an end to this unpleasant problem. In this article we are going to present the best natural, homemade hair masks and shampoos for oily hair, as well as many other beneficial products.
Lemon and aloe Vera hair mask
Even if you have super oily hair, there’s nothing to worry about because we have the right solution for you without spending unnecessary money on expensive cosmetic products. So let’s begin with lemon and Aloe Vera first, which is considered to be the perfect match when it comes to treating oily hair.
• Mix 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and add a quarter cup of natural shampoo you normally use.
• Blend the ingredients together and massage the mixture into your hair and scalp.
• Leave it to stand for five minutes, then wash it off.
• Mix 1 tablespoon of aloe Vera juice with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice – if your hair is very long, double the amount of the ingredients.
• Rub the mixture into the scalp and apply it to the entire hair length.
• Leave it for about 10 minutes, wash it off, and wash your hair with shampoo you normally use.
Aloe Vera has excellent healing properties as well as anti-inflammatory powers. Out of these reasons it is used in various skin conditions, including scalp problems, such as greasy hair and hair loss. It helps in the fight against dandruff and removes grease, which usually occurs due to disorders of hormones responsible for sebum production.
Lemon affects the beauty of your hair making it more beautiful. It has been used for both improving the hair health and shine boost, for centuries. It has a beneficial effect on greasy hair in particular. It has a delightful, refreshing citrus scent, which helps the hair stay fragrant, soft and clean.
Strawberry hair mask
Strawberries are great for regulating sebum production, and can also eliminate dead skin cells and remove excess oils from the scalp. They are rich in vitamin C which is essential for the health of your hair.
• Mix half a cup of strawberries in a blender and run them through a sieve, to eliminate small seeds.
• You can add some other ingredients of your choice to this mask, if you think they will contribute to the quality of your hair.
• Apply the mask to your scalp and rub it gently.
• Leave it on for about 10-15 minutes, then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Egg white and lemon hair mask
You can make this simple hair mask using ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
• Beat one egg white to the stiff peak stage, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the juice of one lemon.
• Mix all ingredients, apply them to the scalp and leave it for about 30 minutes.
• Wash the mask off with lukewarm water (do not use hot water) and then wash your hair with shampoo and apply conditioner you normally use.
Honey, egg white, aloe Vera and lemon hair mask
• Combine 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of aloe Vera gel, and one egg white.
• When the mixture is well combined, apply it to the scalp and let sit for 20 minutes.
• Rinse the hair with lukewarm water, then wash your hair with regular shampoo and apply hair conditioner.
Clay hair mask
Clay is an excellent ingredient for treating oily and greasy hair. It helps to remove dead skin cells and other impurities from your scalp. Don’t be afraid to use clay for this purpose, because you can wash it off easily using regular shampoo even when it is completely dried.
• You will need finely shredded clay and water.
• Mix 2-4 tablespoons of clay with water until the desired consistency is reached.
• Rub the mixture into the scalp, cover the hair with shower cap and after 10-15 minutes wash it off using shampoo.
Homemade shampoo for oily hair
In order to get the best shampoo for oily hair, it has to be made from natural ingredients. We have a few suggestions for you in hope that you’ll be able to find the best solution for your problem.
Mint and sage shampoo
• Bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil, then add 1 tablespoon of sage and 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped mint.
• Add a quarter cup of natural shampoo you normally use and to mix it all together.
• Allow to stand for at least half an hour, then strain it and pour the shampoo into a glass jar.
It would be best to use fresh ingredients, but you can also use dried mint and sage.
Baking soda shampoo
You’ll only need two ingredients to make this effective shampoo that will help you get rid of oily hair.
• Combine 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 cup of water.
• Mix the ingredients well and pour it into a glass bottle.
• Gently shake the bottle before use, apply the mixture to the scalp and over the entire hair.
• Leave it for 2-3 minutes, then wash it off.
Clay and green tea shampoo
• You’ll need: 1 tablespoon of clay, 1 tablespoon of liquid soap (or natural shampoo), 2 tablespoons of cooked green tea, 10 drops of tea tree oil.
• Mix all the ingredients together until you get a soft and smooth texture.
• Do not be afraid by looks of the mixture, wash your hair with it, and you will be more than satisfied with the results.
A few tips and tricks
• Always make sure to rinse your hair thoroughly (using cold water if you can), at least for 30 seconds.
• Don’t be fooled into thinking that more shampoo means healthier hair. This can only worsen the situation.
• Excessive brushing can stimulate the production of oil, so keep it minimal.
• Try not to touch your hair too often, since this will also cause excessive sebum production.
• The diet is very important, since it affects the look of your hair, so make sure that you’re getting enough vitamins, minerals, and proteins.